2.03.2009

[Indescribable joy]

My soul cannot help but be joyful this morning, while I read this:

"Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him;
he has put him to grief;
when his soul makes an offering for guilt,
he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days;
the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand."
Is. 53:10

When at times I feel condemned, and the weight of my own sin sits on my shoulders, I can confess them to my Jesus, and the guilt is gone, and I am free!!!!

Read this verse again. Slowly. Out loud if you have to. Read it for all its beauty and the wonder it holds.

It was the will of the Lord. To crush our Savior, yours and mine, to put to death His one and only, perfect and loving Son. It was the will of the Father, and the son in perfect humble obedience took the form of a lowly servant, for our sake. For our guilt. He made an offering of Himself!! For Us!!!!!!! So that we can be guiltless, and pure, and lovely before God!!! It is so overwhelming to think about this! Christ stepped in the way of the fire of God's wrath that should have been poured on us....
I can't comprehend.

This is the part of the verse that gets me...
"when his soul makes an offering for guilt..."
My ESV study bible makes a point that catches me when I read this...It was His soul--
"He suffered not just in his body but in his deepest inner self." I have to read it/say it again..
Jesus suffered in His deepest, innermost, self...The Lord of creation, the God of our salvation, the perfect One, suffered in His deepest being, & heart. I wonder if this was more painful for Him rather than having 4 inch nails driven through His hands and feet, or thorns shoved on His brow...

How can we really understand? How could we even comprehend what He endured for us on the cross?
Pure and complete physical pain accompanied by the deepest emotional and spiritual pain any none of us have ever felt...I cannot imagine. I cannot comprehend. I can only joy in my Savior's triumph over sin for me,
so that on days when I know satan is attacking, when He is fighting for the grip of my heart and mind I can throw of these chains with more power and vigor because of CHRIST!!

The Lord carried out His Fathers will, He fulfilled His purpose so that we, sinners worth no more than dirt, can be spared, can be forgiven, can have the freedom of life eternally and the joy of living on this earth until He takes us Home.

How can I keep from singing?
Psalms 32 is amazing, it goes with my point of forgiveness....read it if you haven't already!!
You can do that here.

What pure joy we have in Jesus, I cannot find it anywhere else! Thank you Lord!

A prayer I wrote down today:

Lord, transform my mind
so that I will daily meditate on your cross
Lord, take my heart,
so that I will see with your eyes
Lord take control of my hands and feet,
so that I will readily serve you where you lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment