7.06.2011

[if you are a wife, please read]

I think my husband and I doomed to never be able to speak each others' "languages."

I cannot get my point across. He doesn't understand what I need.
He thinks one thing, I see it another way, he doesn't get it.

Its a nasty vicious circle.

We don't argue that much, but when we do, its like all havoc is loosened on top of us and I, being the wonderful pregnant wife that I am--am so upset I get to the point where i don't even want to talk anymore and all is useless. Because we don't get anywhere. Because its a circle. With no end in sight.

Dear goodness I don't know how to handle this.

Any wifeys out there with some experienced experience to help me calm down???
You can private message me on f.b. if you have specific helps.

Until next time,
*banging my head on a wall*

ps- and just to clarify, I'm not blaming this all on him. Just saying I'm really frustrated and wondering if any other women out there will be transparent and willing to chip in.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leah,
    I just had a chance to read this and I can totally sympathize (empathize?) with the emotions and frustrations that pour from this post! Judging from your post about your date with Ben, I'm a little late responding...and I'm so glad you guys were able to have a good and helpful talk. :)

    First off, you are SOOO not alone in these things. You are not a terrible wife because you struggle to communicate with your hubby...in fact, I'd wager that your continued efforts and pleas for God's mercy and grace are what make you (and will continue to mold you into) a GOOD wife! Scott and I are extremely different in our thought processes and methods of communication and even many of the ways we prioritize things...we REALLY struggled early in our marriage, but God has used those struggles not only to make us stronger as a couple, but also as individuals, as parents, and as friends to others. We still have times where we're on totally different wave-lengths and communication is a challenge (and deployments and other separations seem to really magnify those because verbal/written communication is all we've got), BUT, by God's grace, we are doing better and the times we don't match up are less...um...traumatic. :) We're learning how our differences actually enhance our marriage and our ministry, and it's getting easier to laugh at ourselves when we have total communication FAILS! :)
    I have something I want to share with you...but it's better in person than through a blog comment, haha! Want to come over sometime next week? Wednesday and Friday are the only days I can't. Let me know what works for you...mornings are best for me, but if that doesn't work well for you, we can find a good time. :)
    Keep on keeping on! Keep trying, and keep petitioning the Throne of Grace. You are BOTH going to make AWESOME parents, and God will use your different "languages" in some incredible and important ways in that journey, too.
    Sorry this is so long...I'm a babbler, as you know! ;) Much love to you, girl! Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete